Hi, my name is Wanda Badwal. How I came to find myself on the yoga mat is something that still inspires me. I was exposed to meditation and spirituality from an early age on, as I grew up in a very alternative family and I feel I have been guided down this path ever since. In 2008 I moved from Hamburg to Berlin and found a personal refuge and oasis at the Spirit Yoga Studio and my quest to go deeper began in earnest.
In Germany I had trained as a professional musical actress and undertook studies in singing, acting and dancing. This had assisted in launching me onto the media stage and I found myself both in front of and behind the camera. One of my favorite passions is still as a photographer who can capture the essence of a story in a single image.
These times were both testing and trying as what I was putting out was not returned to replenish the deeper craving I had. At times I exceeded my own limits of expectation and energy. I came to know all too well what it means to lose yourself in the external world.
My journey from an external focus to finding a more internal (and surprisingly larger) space was driven by a strong desire to find more depth to my existence and deal with the bigger questions of life. I partook in silent retreats, meditation seminars, Ayurvedic massage training in India and continued to dive into the teachings, philosophy and practice of yoga. Not only as a physical practice, but as a way to live a more sustainable life and become the best version of myself.
I want to share all I have learnt on my journey with other souls who are embarking on their own voyage of self-exploration. What this means for each individual varies greatly but I would love to offer my services to support and enable each person to flourish and connect with the path of the heart.
In gratitude, Wanda
The Yoga classes I offer are a blend of creative, mindful and loving sequences that are both playfully challenging and spiritually uplifting. I share an alignment based, elegant flow that includes all aspects of a complete practice: asana, pranayama, Shavasana and meditation. Whilst I have a broad range of experience, my strongest abilities lie in Vinyasa Flow, Traditional Hatha Yoga, and meditative practices like Restorative and Yin Yoga. I also infuse elements of music and mantra chanting during my classes.
What I share encompasses my passion for yoga with a sparkling joy of life and always from a space of the heart. I love to inspire people on their way of self-knowledge and awareness with the hope of reinforce in them, their own authentic expression.
My Yoga Education:
- Embodied Flow YTT: Mind Module ( 100 hrs. ) /2019
- Embodied Flow YTT: Expression Modul ( 100 hrs. ) /2018
- Embodied Flow YTT: Body Modul ( 100 hrs. ) with Tara Judelle /2017
- Vinyasa Krama – The Energetics of Sequencing – Master Training (100 hrs.) with Rod Stryker/ 2017
- Yin Yoga (50 Hrs.) with Jennifer Raye / 2016
- Tantric Hatha Yoga: Pranayama, Meditation, Mudra and Mantra (200 hrs. YA) with Octavio Salvado / 2015
- Fly High Teacher (50 hours YA) / 2015
- Aerial Yoga (50 hours YA) /2014
- Pre – and Postnatal Yoga Teacher (100 hours YA ) with Patricia Thielemann /2012
- Teaching Beginners, Special Basic Training (30 hrs.) with Patricia Thielemann /2012
- Vinyasa Flow (320 hours Yoga Alliance) in Spirit Yoga Studio Berlin with Patricia Thielemann / 2012
- Reiki I, II / Bali, Ubud 2015
- Matrix Energy Work Facilitator ( 50 hrs. ) 2012 , Mallorca Spain
- Diploma Musical Actress – Singing, Acting and Dancing – 3 Years 9 Stage School Hamburg, germany ) 2005 – 2008
- Ayurvedic Massage Therpist ( 50 hrs. ) India 2005
- Regular School Education, Abitur in Germany 2005
Attendance of Workshops & Intensives:
- Mark Witwell
- Tara Judelle & Scott Lyons
- Bryan Kest
- Anna Forrest
- Carlos Romero
- Octavio Salvado
- Dechen Thurman
- Meghan Currie
My Teaching Experience:
- Tha Studio / Munich , 2019 / 2x Classes per week
- Patrick Broome Studio/ Munich, 2018 / 5x classes per week
- Intuitive Flow Ubud, Bali 2017 5x classes per week
- The Practice (Canggu, Bali): 2015 – 2017 / 9x classes per week
- Additional Workshops and 3x YTT
- Radiantly Alive (Ubud, Bali) 2015 / 10 Classes a week
- Yoga for all Mankind Studio (Berlin, Germany) 2015 / 5 Classes a week
- Spirit Yoga Studio (Berlin, Germany) 2014 – 2016 / 5 Classes
Yoga Retreats Facilitator:
- Yoga Easy Allstars Retreat – Germany 2019
- Choose Evolution – Germany 2019
- Spirit Bird Retreat – Austria 2018
- Inner Beauty Retreat – Bali 2017
- Remember who you are Retreat – Germany June 2017
- Slow Down Retreat – Germany – June 2016
- Inner Beauty Retreat – Bali / Ubud 2015
- Surf & Yoga Retreat – Bali / Nusa Lembongan 2015
- Rise and Shine Retreat – Germany – June 2015
Yoga Teacher Trainings Facilitator:
- Lead Training & Facilitator of ” Remember who you are “200 hrs. Yoga Teacher Training- Yoga Alliance Certification / Munich 2019
- Lead Training & Facilitator of ” Remember who you are “200 hrs. Yoga Teacher Training- Yoga Alliance Certification / Bali 2018
- Co-Teacher at ‘The Practice” 200 hrs. Yoga Teacher Trainings / Bali 2015 -2017
- Co -Teacher at ” Fly High ” 50 hrs.Yoga Teacher Trainings / Bali 2017